The Illinois Community College Faculty Association (ICCFA) is pleased to announce the availability of up to six (6) $1000 scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year. The scholarships will be presented at the annual ICCFA Teaching and Learning Excellence Conference held in Springfield, Illinois in November 2017.
Congratulations to our 2016-2017 Winners:
Melanie M. Adams - Lake Land College $1500 Dr. Stephen W. Charry Memorial Scholarship
Rebekah A. Kaeb - Heartland College $1000
Katie A. Kuska - Parkland College $1000
Liesl LaDuke - Parkland College $1000
Tiffani K. McCormick - Lake Land College $1000
Suzanne R. Peterson - Parkland College $1000
- Applicants must maintain full-time status during the Spring 2017 and Fall 2017 semesters at an Illinois community college verified by official transcripts through the end of the Spring 2017 semester and a copy of Fall 2017 registration. Full-time status is defined as enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester hours.
- Applicants must have completed 30 semester hours by the end of the Spring 2017 semester with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.5 on a 4-point scale. Cumulative GPA must be verified by an official transcript received in a sealed envelope with the registrar’s signature or seal to guarantee authenticity. Only college level work and grades will be considered.
- Applicant must provide proof of Illinois residency. (Photocopy of Illinois Drivers License or other such document).
- Applicant must provide a brief statement of his/her academic and personal goals, along with a description of unpaid, voluntary community service and campus activities.
- Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation, on official college letterhead, from a community college faculty member. The letter should address the candidate’s academic achievement, character, and ability to meet his/her goals.