The ICCFA is excited and pleased to announce that this year’s Teaching and Learning Excellence Conference will be held in unison with the Illinois Council of Community College Administrators (ICCCA). November 16-17, 2017 Wyndham Hotel in downtown Springfield, IL. Details, call for proposals, etc. will be heading your way soon! Dr. Mary Howard-Hamilton will be our keynote speaker this year.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: WORD DOCUMENT
Proposals may be submitted for presentations, panel-discussions, or hands-on computer sessions.
• Applications must be electronically submitted no later than June 1, 2017. E-mail completed proposals to David Seiler, email@example.com with the Subject line: 2017 ICCFA Proposal.
• Please include a title (max 100 spaces) and a brief description of the session (max 100 words) you are proposing using clear and enticing wording. The description will be printed in the program as you submit it on this application with minor editing for program consistency.
• Applicants will be notified by June 30th regarding the status of their proposed presentation.
• Sessions are likely around 45 minutes long … the final schedule is still being developed. Please allow time for questions.
• Select which program tract best describes your session: Technology, Assessment, Classroom Methodology, or Miscellaneous. Indicate the type of session: presentation, panel discussion, or computer hands-on. Only presenters listed on the proposal will be listed in the conference program. If you are confirmed to present, you must register and pay the registration fee of $125 for the conference in advance. Co-presenters are also required to register. The conference registration form will be available at www.iccfa.org no later than July 30.
Handouts: Each presenter is responsible for session handouts. For planning purposes, each presenter should prepare for 30 participants per session. An electronic version of your handout should be provided at the conference so that it can be posted to the ICCFA web site.
Audio/Visual Equipment: Each room will have an overhead projector and screen. Presenters must provide their own laptop. Please check the box if you need LCD projector.
Questions??? Call David Seiler 217.234.5364 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of the 2015 Conference: Thursday evening, we had round-table discussions. Past and current leaders of the ICCFA and ICCB reviewed 50 years of community college education in Illinois. The Friday break out sessions offered over 30 cutting-edge sessions on pedagogy, assessment, technology, content srear expertise, pension issues, new faculty tips, adjunct issues, and many other community college topics. Keynote Speaker Kay Norton from Spoon River delivered a speech titled "Your Classroom Legacy: The Real Lessons of Leadership", over a delicious buffet lunch. Six students from the community college system were awarded scholarships. Faculty members and ICCB members were honored for research grants or recognition awards for service. A closing ice cream social ended the day, with raffle prizes such as a hand-made chest made by our VP, Dr. Levandowski, and a free hotel stay for the next year's conference.